I fancied some cookies but also didn’t want all the added sugar and palm oil from shop bought ones. Using the basic base of oat and banana, from previous recipes I’ve tried, I came up with this recipe. Considering, I was just throwing things into a mixing bowl and not following any recipe, I am so happy with how well these turned out. I’m definitely going to experiment with some of the other additional ingredients to experiment with different flavours (i’ll be trying a chocolate version soon!) Anyway, these cookies are so cheap, quick and easy to make. Although I used a few ingredients, only a few are essential!
These made about 7 small biscuit sized cookies, so please adjust the ingredients accordingly..
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2 bananas banana
- 1/2- 1 tbsp natural butter (I used crunchy peanut butter)
- Ground flax seeds (although I’m pretty sure the recipe would work without)
Additional/ Optional Ingredients
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Cacao nibs
- Mixed chopped nuts (very small amount)
- Turn oven on
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork
- Add oats
- Add raisins (judge quantity by eye)
- In a separate small bowl mix 1 tsp of flax seeds with 2 tablespoons of water (should be a thickish paste)- add into main mixing bowl
- Add additional/optional ingredients
- Mix in tablespoon of nut butter
- Divide and shape onto baking paper on a baking tray
- Put in oven for about 20 mins on about 180°
- Take out and enjoy warm (be careful!) or serve when cooled down
In about 25 minutes, you can have your very own healthy, vegan cookies which are free from flour, sugar, margarine/butter and eggs! I always have oats, bananas and nut butters in my kitchen, so it’s great to know I will always have the base ingredients to make cookies whenever I get a craving!