Banana bread is a great comfort food and is a perfect way to use up those bananas which are starting to go off.. This recipe is for a super gooey vegan and.. palm oil* free banana bread to make the planet and your bellies happy!
*Palm oil is a vegan product but it does unfortunately have issues with deforestation, habitat degradation (which of course destroys animal life) and violation of human rights. I try to limit the amount of palm oil I consume and purchase (it is unfortunately in a lot of packet foods and in butters/spreads) so palm oil free recipes like this are great 😉
- 225g plain flour (or gluten free flour)
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g brown sugar (or 70g brown sugar, 30g coconut sugar)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large bananas
- 75g vegetable oil
- Optional: Walnuts and raisins (I used almonds this time as I ran out of walnuts!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork (lumps are ok!)
- Mix the oil and sugar in with the bananas and mash a little more!
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl
- Add in any additional ingredients (ie. the walnuts and raisins)
- Bake in a greased loaf tin for approximately 45 mins depending on oven (check after 30 mins)